Pete's shopping around for new, and the possibilities of a used might work though fragranced fingertips and smelly former environments are usually a deal buster. We'd love to know what you experiences with shopping and finding a laptop are.
Any ideas about:
- what laptops work well for you with MCS
- what has worked well for out-gassing new computers
- any sources for a good laptop
- any feedback on the screen clarity and experiences with emissions
Our wishlist for a 'Ruby II':
1. includes a DVD for watching movies
2. upgraded software so loading photos is possible on the blogs
3. as large a screen as laptops can get
4. off-gassed parts
5. a P.C. rather than a MAC
6. a quiet operating machine (Ruby is a Vaio by Sony, and has been such a quiet machine for 10 yrs!)
7. a laptop that doesn't get hot when operating (that just adds to the off-gassing issues and inside a tiny space ie. our VardoForTwo ... that is trouble.)
We'd love to hear from you with ideas and experiences with your laptops; and what you did to replace it when it was time.