Today is April 1st ... APRIL FOOLS DAY. A perfect time to announce a sort of bloggers' carnival. It would be fun and empowering to use that month of may to give voice to the very well and very resilient force of human power alive in the examples of women, men and children who live with MCS. I'm inspired by the wonderful Astrology Carnival that my cyberpals CJ Wright and Donna Cunningham concocted to celebrate National Astrology Day. No fool'n!
Here's the idea ...
- Friday, May 14, Saturday, May 15 and Sunday, May 16 are CANARY CARAVAN Days it's a time to circle the wagons and come to tell our stories. We who live with the affects of Multiple Chemical Sensitivities are as similar and different as the shades of yellow, or the hues of the color blue; there are so many shades of yellow or blue (or green or purple) and what we know comes from who we are at the core. Posts by bloggers with links or related articles will appear on VardoForTwo on these three days. Written to inspire and offer space for the incredibly rich and creative expressions of our lives I hope to circle the wagons for a time of collective strength.
- I will be chatting behind the scenes with my blogger friends who live and thrive with the realities of a life affected by MCS, hoping to enlist the help of two other bloggers who will also post CANARY CARAVAN stories on their blogs. Even as I write this to the page, all is not firmly in place so if you have ideas or thoughts please leave me comments or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a totally new project for me so please join in.
- There may be categories of stories over the three days of CANARY CARAVAN. I'm thinking:
- Poetry and Prose: Words and images poems, a photo essay or short story that reflect your life with MCS
- Tools and Practices: Stories about the medical, physical, emotional and spiritual supportive practices that aid and create foundations for an evolving life
What other categories would you like to see at the CANARY CARAVAN?
We have six weeks to put together some really fun and inspiring blogging that can educate, infuse and make a difference. If you're interested or curious let me know in the comments or email.
Gypsy Caravans Photo Credit: