Jennifer Brown Banks of Pen and Prosper calls these the7 'Deadly Sins'
1. They have to jump through hoops!
2. There are too many comments.
3. There are too few comments.
4. You're asleep at the wheel. Your content is not "connecting."5. You didn't ask for input. For instance, there was no question posed at the end of your post. Or
there was no problem to be solved, or no "ah-ha" moment of which to relate.
6. You're not cultivating good karma in the blogosphere. From my experience, when you stop by and say hi at other sites, typically folks will reciprocate. But not always.
7. There's not enough "take-away" value. Consider--Did you make them laugh? Teach something
I talked with Elsa P. from ElsaElsa.com behind the scenes about why people do or don't comment on blogs. She posted a question to her Boards.
It's so helpful to get feedback.Do any of the reasons for not commenting resonate with you? Which ones?