Where we are with the challenges last posted?
1. Mold Solution. The Spori-Clean seems to be doing the job of eating up the mold on the birch roof underlayment.
2. Dealing with the dampness. Alternating between a small space heater (which Pete uses only when he's working inside and can keep an eye on it) and leaving a light on over night, the dampness and moisture seems to be less of a problem.
What's happening inside VARDOFORTWO?1. The window trim is being painted. So far we're using Garden Seed Milk Paint. This color absorbs and 'fades' into the oak, so more coats are needed to cover.
2. The felt weather stripping needs to be applied around the windows. Pete's going to try stapling rather than using an glues or adhesives.
2. Deciding on the inside color(s). The un-painted ceiling is filling the vardo with the smell of a fine oak barrel. We need to choose the milk paint and neutralize that smell. This will be the real test of the milk paint because we'll be living in here. Send us all the positive energy you can spare as we move forward with this continuing experiment.
3. The verdict on insulation is still out. We have the recycled denim waiting in the wings...if any other MCS safe builders are out there with a solution that has worked for them we'd love to know about it.
4. Still hunting for front door hinges and door knob. Framing will get done soon. Slim's working on the door.