In essence, the hook (the thing that caught my attention and my heart) of difference between using the word, and the vibration of appreciation vs. gratitude came when I heard "Appreciation and love are exactly the same...when you use the word Gratitude you are often looking at a struggle you have over-come...still messing with that vibration (of struggle) a little bit." Building VARDOFORTWO is a dream I value, a rocket fueled with AHI, the fire of transformation. My choice to make lists of appreciation rather than gratitude is inspired by my desire to keep VARDOFORTWO pointed down stream ... in the flow, with the flow. It takes practice for me to appreciate rather than be grateful, 'the struggle' habit is an old one and it shows up often as I live through toxic exposures. It's okay, here I am at the keyboard and VARDOFORTWO, with me and Pete in it are pointing down stream. I'm in the vacinity of hope and can sniff the things for which I am appreciative. Go to Abraham-Esther Hicks for a dose of humor and their take on APPRECIATION.
For now, I have some dream money to spend and a list of things for which I am appreciative.
WEEK FOUR: Dream Coming True
This week I have: $800 to spend on a box full of phone cards that I give away
- to friends here in the Pacific Northwest who can't afford to call me because I have an (808) phone number
- annonymously at the Salvadorean bakery to folks who need to call home
- at the homeless shelter just because
The 10 THINGS FOR WHICH I AM APPRECIATIVE
1. I appreciate smiles from people I don't know.
2. I appreciate libraries.
3. I appreciate the smell of hot apple cider.
4. I appreciate soaking in the tub.
5. I appreciate generous listening.
6. I appreciate the sound of the shore rocks tumbling in the tide.
7. I appreciate the feel of my comfy robe.
8. I appreciate clean, warm sheets.
9. I appreciate a comforting doll.
10. I appreciate Pete.